The new month brings an opportunity to reset our focus.
A new month of beginning and a time for possibilities
Checking in with our bodies, hearts and our minds. Review your journal in past months, to see how far you have come. This month we reflect on our victories and the things that we have accomplished.
Grab a pen and paper and let's begin.
7 STEPS TO REFOCUS
A daily act of gratitude - grab your journal for the next month and write one thing you are grateful for each day. Place the journal by your beside, as a reminder to write each night before you go to bed or each morning before you wake up. Take a deep breath, and pause as you reflect on this act of gratitude.
2. SETTING YOUR PRIORITIES
Set three priorities for each day. List them out and keep it simple. \Here are three priorities for the month:
- Self-consideration: take care of yourself, buy a new pair of slippers, slowly walk to the mailbox and take a look at all of the flowers in bloom, purchase a bouquet of flowers to enjoy all week long.
- Connection with others: break the isolation and join a friend for coffee or for lunch. Make note of how you feel as you connect with others. What new things did you learn about them? about yourself?
- Be present: Take every moment in mind as you go about your day today. Be fully present by capturing your thoughts and staying in the present moments. Move to the next part of your day with intention and take your time, don't rush to the next thing.
3. TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
A simple tracking tool to create a visual of how you're doing. Here's my emotional tracker for the month.
(Insert picture of tracker) link item on amazon for purchase
4. DEVELOP HABITS AND ROUTINES
Setting habits and routines focused on your priorities creates a commitment to
getting back to rest, writing in my daily planner, creating a list at the end of the day to clear your mind,
21 days to a new habit + 9 days for a month of habits fulfilled. 30 days and then reevaluate your habits to see if you are meeting the goals you have set.
A list of simple habits/routines to track
- drinking water
- waking up earlier each morning
5. CENTERING YOUR FOCUS
Create a visual to keep your goals centered. Make it and post it where you will pass by it everyday. A focused visual provides guidance in your daily choices.
6. CHOOSING OUR PATHS
Where are you going? What's the path you're taking? What steps will it take to get you there? Are you waiting to take a leap? Get out a pen and paper and map it out. Have fun and use pens and markers to create your visual.
7. TAKING ACTION
Go beyond the written list and start walking out your plan. Allow yourself to
Now we are ready for the new month, as we put forth the steps to reset